This section contains brief autobiographies written by former friends and workers about their personal lives and experiences which led to their decision to leave the 2×2 church. The authors of the documents are former followers of this church (called “Ex-2x2s”).
“Recent Exit Stories” were recently written OR were written by authors who recently left meetings.
“Our Stories” were those written in earlier years.
There are two categories of individuals who were formerly associated with and affected by this nameless church.
Some embraced the church and its teachings as adults. They are the “Latecomers,” or “Adult Joiners.”
The majority of members were “born and raised” in the church from birth. They are the “B&Rs.”
These are divided into two factions.
(a) some accepted the church teachings for themselves.
(b) others rejected the 2×2 church and never became a part of it.
Key to Notations:
- Author’s stories (of a book about the 2×2 Church)
- Child Sexual Abuse Victims (CSA)
- Convention Grounds (associated with a Conv. Ground in some capacity, e.g. owner, grew up on one, etc.)
- Divorced & Remarriage (D&R)
- Ex-workers (former preachers for 2×2 church)