1. I realize that I had turned control of my mind over to the 2×2’s, who had assumed power over my thinking.
2. I acknowledge that the 2×2’s persuaded me of the inerrancy of their message, in spite of the parts of the bible they do not follow and in spite of no proof of apostolic succession.
3. I became addicted to the 2×2’s as the supreme focus of my faith, in spite of the commandment that God should come first.
4. I admit to God, to myself and to another person the shortcomings of my belief in 2x2ism.
5. I have made an inventory of my false claims about 2x2ism.
6. I have made a list of those whom I led into confusion as a result of my belief in 2x2ism.
7. I am willing to make amends to all those whom I may have led astray as a result of 2x2ism.
8. I realize that I have the inner power to restore sanity to my life and to search Scripture for the truth.
9. I will reach out to friends who can help me clarify my thinking about the Bible, God and Jesus.
10. I confess that only with God’s help can my mind grasp the truth.
11. I will seek through prayer and meditation to improve my conscious contact with God, praying for knowledge of God’s will for me and the power to carry that out.
12. Having had a spiritual awakening as the result of these twelve steps, I will offer these steps to any 2×2 who asks me.
Posted by Connie Connie
On Professing Message Board (PMB) July 25, 2003
Adapted from: “The Twelve Steps” of Fundamentalists Anonymous and Alcoholics Anonymous