Why We Left
This section contains brief autobiographies written by former friends and workers about their personal lives and experiences which led to their decision to leave the 2×2 church.
“Recent Exit Stories” were written recently OR were written by authors who recently left meetings.
“Other Stories” were written in the years up to 2000 (approximately).
The authors of the documents are former followers of this church (called Ex-2x2s).
There are two categories of individuals who were formerly associated with and affected by this nameless church.
Some embraced the church and its teachings as adults. They are the “Latecomers,” or “Adult Joiners.” Most were “born and raised” in the church from birth. They are the B&Rs. These are divided into two factions. Some accepted the church teachings for themselves. (b) Others rejected the 2×2 church and never became a part of it. Key to Notations:
- (D&R) Divorced & Remarriage
- (Conv. Ground) Associated with a Convention Ground in some capacity (owner, grew up on one, etc.)
- (Author) of a book about 2×2 church
- (CSA) Victim of Child Sexual Abuse
- (Ex-worker) Former preachers for 2×2 church